Friday, March 18, 2011

My favorite local ride/ My new helmet

This is my third ride this season.  Yesterday I rode with a new friend to Enon, OH to a leather MC shop. I am not crazy about the roads in that area just north of Yellow Springs.  The roads all seem to be at a funny angle.  The weather was nice but windy, the computer said  about 22 mph. We did not get home when we were suppose to so I had to cancel another apt. which made me feel bad.  This ride had some mistakes on my part.
I made one turn to the left to wide so I really had to lean and I scraped my floor board, wow that was fun.  I did feel a bit rusty but was so good to get out, we rode 140 miles.


 I rode my favorite ride today.  I took Inskeep Cratty Rd. to 287, I love this road, my learning road.  Then just before you get to West Liberty I took 245 heading toward home. This was only about 40 miles.    I stopped at an old grave yard and shot some pictures. Beautiful scenery with the rolling hills and this grave yard is positioned up pretty high. I would have like to stay longer but it was getting cold.  I did not wear my chaps and I wish I had.   Many of the curves had a lot of gravel but still fun just took them slow.



   I have passed this old grave yard many times, I hope to go back to and read some of the stones. Need to check to see if there is a geocach there.



And now about my new helmet,  I think I am going to really like it.  It is a Nolan, N43 Outlaw trilogy,  the cheek pads  are not so far forward so I don't feels so closed in as most full faces.  I have always worn a 1/2 helmet because of that.  

Here I can remove the chin bar and just have a full helmet


I can bring down shades when the sun is in my eyes, no more sunglasses. I can also take off the face shield and put on a visor or put nothing on and just have a straight helmet.  I still get cramping around my jaws pretty badly.  That has always happened to me in full face helmets.  But yes  I am going to like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment