Saturday, August 21, 2010

My solo trip, the Triple Nickel

I would leave Logan at 10:00 am, after a great weekend with a bunch of other women on wheels.  I got gas then I took off, I wanted breakfast but everything  was crowded so I went on down to Nelsonville and stopped  and got a breakfast burrito was good, had to go potty already.  Then I head on,  took 33 to rt 50 which turns into 7 then left onto rt 555.  I loved the road, I think I smiled the whole way, surprised I didn't have bugs in my teeth. Great curves and hills with beautiful scenery.   There was some gravel and surprise curves.  I slid once and had one scary turn that I  took to fast.  It took me 1 1/2 hr. to finish but the last part I had to take a detour, which was a bummer.  So I stoped and got gas and a sandwich and a Dr. pepper and water.  Then found a place to eat under a shade tree by the hospital in Zanesfield.  I headed up to delaware and then I thought I could go a different way, back roads but it just made it longer.  I finally got back onto 36 and went thru Delaware and then home.  Got home at 4:00 went straight to the shower,  leaving the unpacking for tomorrow.  Fell asleep at ten. Great ride, I hope to do it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment